Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Working 9 to 5 ...



Actually, not.  More like 7 to 3.  Also, the tight dresses and heels, notsomuch.  I said that I wouldn't bore you with posts about my job.  I won't.  Short and Sweet: I work at a University, I mostly do admin work but I do get out in the field some in the summer months, I have a B.S. and a M.S. and am I using them in this job?  Kinda ~ sorta.  It is a good job, pays well, very flexible with my time and I am good at it.  It can also be tedious, monotonous and irritating ... but mostly it is fine.

So!  What is my point?  I sit in front of a computer all day - most days (M-F) and have ample surfing time during my 'lunch hour'.  Here are a few of the places I like to visit on the web ...

People.com
I like pop culture, I like gossip, I like pictures of celebs - so sue me!

Ali Sweeney
I use to be a big Days of Our Lives Fan and thought it was super cool when Ali Sweeney got The Biggest Loser gig.  If I know she's going to be on a talk show, I try to catch it.  This is her site.  Lots of fitness, food, family and fashion!  The F words!

The Budget Babe
Great ideas for current fashion - on a real gal's budget.  Lots of stuff from Target - can't go wrong!

Cool Mom
I discovered Daphne Brogdon's site about 2 years ago.  Hilarious!  Daily videos, fun topics, just a great LOL way to start the day.

Momversation
Weekly video discussion topics with several of the web's top Mommy Bloggers (get over the title, people).

Book Binge
This site belongs to a few very cool chicks.  Women that I use to frequent an online book club (of sorts) with.  If you like romance novels, this is the place to be! 

Confessions of a Corn Fed Girl
A friend of mine started blogging a while back ... check her out ... she is fabulous!  If you crave a daily dose of hilarity, look no further.

Yoga Journal
My latest 5 minute online break.  A lot of good info for yogis (new and experienced)!

So there you have it.  There are many more sites that I visit, but these are my go-to spots when I get a few minutes.  Check.  Them.  Out.

1 comment:

  1. I already subscribe to some of these, but I'm going to check out the rest. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete