Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Things We Do For Love

I think, in most relationships, there is a point early-on during those get to know you weeks & months that you discuss past loves - first crushes.  Hubby told me about his soon into our courtship.  Let me introduce you ...


His affection continues to this day.  At some point in our 18 years together I decided to accept his deep and abiding love for Bruce Wayne.  He convinced me that there was room in his heart for both of us.  Sort.  Of.  Instead of becoming mired in jealousy, I decided to foster my own super hero love and found this guy ...



Note that he is NOT this guy ... this may be Hollywood's current idea of our man with the ring, but not mine ...



I digress.  Anywhoo ... let me introduce myself, I'm Lou and I am a Comic Book / Super Hero / Nerd Junkie.  Here are a few pictures to illustrate my disease ...






I'm not a big tv watcher, but I try not to miss my guy in green leather or my nerds.  Add a little romance into the mix and you've got me hooked!  Dinner conversations in our house often include this debate:
Hubby - Bat Man ROCKS, Me - Nope, it is all about the Men in Green (Lantern or Arrow), Bubby - Spiderman and The Hulk (Marvel) could kick DC tushy any day!  Oh, wait, it is Thursday ... hurry up and eat so we can see what t-shirt Sheldon is wearing.

See? Must be love!

Gotta go check DC Nation on FB now ... Green Arrow, Out!

I do not own any of these images, all credit to DC Comics, Marvel Comics, The Big Bang Theory, The Justice League and Smallville - CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment