Monday, May 23, 2011

My Weekend or Pretending To Be British

I think I have mentioned before that I am obsessed with all things English, right?  The accents, the history, the literature, tea, etc.  I even like a good bangers and mash.  So, Saturday morning as I was weeding the garden in my wellies, I was staving off the annoyance of having to do yard work with the thought that I appeared very English countryside tromping through my sogging wet garden (what we in the U.S. call a yard) in my outfit of hat, gloves and boots.  That only did the trick for about 20 minutes.  Then the annoyance returned.

In addition to the yard work that was really off-and-on the entire weekend, I also accomplished quite a lot!  Yeah.  Me.  The list included: said yard work, house work, grocery shopping, fun shopping (I was a good girl and didn't break the bank ... but I scoped out my plants for my planters), a nice long walk, yoga, and a pedicure.  Oh and dinner guests Saturday night ... I'd like to impress you and say that I made some gourmet dishes but, really, it was pizza and beer!  Beer!  Oye.  Now I am tired.  I needed one more day.  I always need one more day.  Why is that?


A list of awesome British People & Stuff:

Jane Austen
Jane Green
Bridgette Jones
Prince Harry
Harry Potter

Wellington Boots
Tea
English Toffee
English Tea Cookies, Biscuits, Scones
Fish and Chips
Bangers and Mash

Words like: nail varnish (polish), garden (yard), football (soccer), snogging, bloody, bugger, wanker and bollocks!

Seriously, I need to move.  Oh, wait, the rain, the cold, the grey.  Hmmmmm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment