Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

                                                           Yes, another post about change!

I heard an old David Bowie song on the way to work this morning ...

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

I've been making some changes and I think that I'm starting to see a light at the end of this foggy tunnel that I've been in for a while now.  My older sister and I have begun to mend our relationship and that has been wonderful, she's in a better place than she had been for several years and I see really positive things in her future ... I pray to God that she continues on this path and that we continue to rebuild.  Isn't it hard to accept that relationships change?  That is a hard one for me, I guess I like people to stay the same ... I want them to be who I expect them to be, I guess.  However, I know that isn't fair and I know that change can be good if I just 'let it be'.  So, I'm trying to 'let it be' with some people.  I've reconnected with some old friends, people that I haven't made time for in a while (my bad), people that are really great and supportive and that I now realize that I have missed terribly.  Note to self: do not isolate yourself within a small microcosm!

I'm also making some more shallow changes, 'cause, hey, let's not be so darn Jodi Picoult novel all the damn time!  I'm trying to grow my hair out ... I typically keep my hair on the short side but I'm kinda over it, so I'm growing it out for as long as I can stand it (get real).  My hair is super thick and has a wave to it ... not a curl, mind you ... nothing that great.  So!  I went in several weeks ago to see one of the most important people in my life ... my hair gal.  I told her that I needed a change and I had a picture.  I told her that I absolutely could not leave with the same hair (good hair, always, but the same - same - same).  I asked her to cut it in a style that would grow out nicely and not be too bulky.  I also asked to be BLOND again ... the inside of a banana BLOND.  Overall the cut & color turned out great, this will grow out well and I can still pull it back to work-out ... BUT ... do ya think it's maybe a little Mrs. Brady?  Hello femme-mullet ...




















You can't see the back ... but it is a little longer than is acceptable, IMO! 

Oh, and braces STILL ON!    
                                                 
         














???


So, new hair = check!  I'm also over the pasty white look of my ancestors (Russian, German and Polish) and when I recently saw a Living Social deal for a couple of spray tans at a reputable local salon, I went for it.  I haven't gone yet ... will keep you posted.  Actually I am doing research for Hubby.  He wants to patent an invention called the Breast Rest.  He came up with this brilliant idea a few years ago when (quite painfully) he overheard a female coworker making an appointment at a local salon for a spray tan ... "Now, what do I do with my boobs?  Because they are large and I don't want white spots left from the undersides hanging down!"  REALLY.  So, anyway, I told Hubby that we could write off the expense ... the only problem is that I have NO BOOBS.  That might be an issue.  Note to others: when you lose a significant amount of weight in your 30s, post baby & nursing, you lose your boobs!  Not.  Good.  I went from DDs to barely a B cup ... I shit you not.

Anyway, wish me luck ... I don't want to end up looking like an Oompa Loompa ... not such a good look, eh Christina?



Seriously, I would fire my stylist!

Ok, here's to me embracing the change!  Going shopping with my BFF this Saturday ... maybe I'll find a new outfit to go with my Mullet and Oompa Loompa Tan ...

Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah
If you're not greedy you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa
Oompa Loompa doompadee do

No comments:

Post a Comment