Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks

Wow, how is it that time of year ALREADY?  I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is almost here.  I love Thanksgiving, it is hands down my favorite holiday.  This year we will be with Hubbys's family in Kansas ... should be a good time.  So, here's what I am thankful for this year ...

Obviously Hubby, Bubby, family and good health all top the list.  I am also thankful for 20 years of my bff - my soul mate - the yin to my yang ... here's to 20 more!  Seriously, I thank God for her (and probably not often enough), she has stood by me through some rough patches and her steady soul and calm presence have always brought me so much peace.  She's been better than Valium, my bff.

Enough of that mushy stuff, tho .. here's a much more lighthearted list ...

Whole Foods Pumpkin Cookies ~ I think I've consumed my body weight in these this fall.  I've tried replicating them and just can't quite nail it.  As a lover of all things pumpkin, I have to say that these cookies might be the Grand Poobah of Pumpkin Land. 

Hudson Jeans ~ I love, love, love my Hudson Jeans.  In fact, I'd sleep in them if they didn't need washed on occasion.  I have two pair that I live in and I feel the need for another (eek, hide the credit cards).  Seriously, designer jeans (read: overpriced) are dangerous for a shopaholic like me.  I was warned by a good friend before I bought my first pair, she was right, no other jeans compare.

Junk Gypsies ~ I may have mentioned them before.  HGTV needs to hurry up and produce more episodes already.  I'd even enter the state of Texas (read: hell) to meet these two and tour their junkified masterpieces.  Or better yet, I need to bring them to me and let them work their magic on my house (Hubby would leave me). 

Books ~ Always.  Hubby's MBA classes have resumed, so I'm spending my nights reading again.  I plan to load some good stuff on the Kindle this week and knock several reads off my To Be Read list during the holidays.  Thank.  You.  Writers.

Black Friday ~ I love me some early morning deals.  Unfortunately, we'll be in No Mans Land on Friday, so I won't get to partake much this year but I hope you all enjoy.  Shop Local!  Go Small Businesses!

So, I really am thankful for family, friends, good health, a roof over my head, food on the table, a strong faith, a free country, and all that jazz. 

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment