Monday, July 18, 2011

The End

Hubby, Bubby and I saw The Deathly Hallows Part II yesterday and it was great.  Some real boo-hoo moments (for me) and some great action scenes (for them).  I am the only one of us that has read the books.  Well, Bubby and I are currently working on the first book together but I read them all over the years.  I was a bit late to the game, the first movie was being advertised before I jumped on the bandwagon, I think.  My bff had been telling me about these books for a few years, but I stupidly passed them off as 'kids books'.  I.  Am.  Not.  Too.  Bright.  I think the Goblet of Fire was out before I started reading them.  My mom gave me the first two books and I finally caved and within a chapter I was hooked.  Totally Ga-Ga.  They were like Halloween for me, I loved all the magic and make believe.  I appreciated that JKR could create this whole new world and I totally bought into it.  That woman is friggin brilliant!!!

I have always considered the movies as part of the whole package.  So yesterday really was The End for me.  Sniff, Sniff, Sniff!  I will miss that fabulous threesome something terrible. 

I won't ruin it for you if you haven't seen it yet.  Once again the writers, producers and actors did a great job taking the book to the screen.  That Ron and Hermione moment was great, although somewhat changed.  That Mrs. Weasley vs. Bellatrix Lestrange moment was classic and I will admit to a little fist pump when the best line EVER was delivered!


                                                                     Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment