Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tunes!

Sunday evening I spent a good hour creating a new playlist on my iPod.  Neither Hubby nor I are super techy-gadgety.  We don't have fancy phones, we don't own a Nook or a Kindle, our kid doesn't have a DS (oh the tragic conditions of some children!  horror!), in fact - we don't have a portable DVD player!  When we travel by car ... wait for it ... our kid reads books (actual books) or just looks out the window.  Seriously, there outta be a law.  Anywhoo, the main purpose of our iPod (we share!  gasp!) is for the gym.  Sometimes we hook it up in the car too, when we are in for the long haul (5 hours to Hubby's folks' in KS). 

I digress (duh) ...  So I decided that I needed some new tunes for the 60 minute workouts I HATE.  I thought I would share with you the world's strangest and most eclectic playlist EVER.  Let me warn you first that I was born in 1973 and I had sisters 12 and 10 years older ... they were teenagers that loved the BeeGees, Journey and Air Supply.  Enough.  Said.

So here are some of the artists featured on my gym playlist:

Mumford & Sons
Shakira
Erasure
Lady Gaga
Madonna
Journey
Snow Patrol
Chris Ledoux
One Republic
Neil Diamond
Jimmy Buffet
Metallica
Jennifer Lopez
Winona
Billy Joel
Cher
Adele
Neon Trees
Barry Manilow
Lady Antebellum
Styx
REO Speedwagon
George Strait
The Bay City Rollers (yes, really)
Poison
Motley Crew

etc.  etc.  etc.

Don't.  Judge.  They make me move, that's good enough for me.

Here are my current faves, if you don't know these artists, crawl out from under that rock and head to Barnes & Noble and put on some earphones in the music section!



                                                  Adele!  I love her! 



                      
                                          Mumford & Sons!  So.  Good.




                                          One Republic!  Hello!

Oh, and these guys ...


HUSH!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment