Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Long Weekend!

I think I need a long weekend.  One of those where I stay in my pjs, drink a lot of coffee, read a smutty novel or two and watch old chickflicks.  When was the last time that happened?  Oh, I know, BEFORE KIDDO.  Back in the days before the Bubby, when we lived in another town where we had few friends, before my weekends were spent trying to catch up with house work or soccer/baseball games, when working-out was no priority.  Ahhh, bliss.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my current life for anything, I have a good life ... a great Bubby, a great Hubby ... but, ya know, just having a moment here. 

Here's what I would (and did) watch ...

You've Got Mail
Tom and Meg, adorable clothes, New York City, books and lattes.  Um, hello!



Practical Magic
Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Aidan Quinn.  Witchcraft, sexual tension (love the throw her up against the wall scene), a great house and the best wardrobe ever (Sandra's).  Love.  It.  Oh, and the music!


Pride and Prejudice & Emma
Now there's a weekend for ya.  What woman doesn't love Jane Austen (shhh, don't tell me)?  I'm talking the Colin Firth and Gwynneth Paltrow versions, here.  Great stuff, there, Maynard.  I could drink countless cups of tea, bake up some scones and unplug the phone (there, I've dated myself ... a phone with wires!). 




No comments:

Post a Comment