Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Favorite Books!

Well, some of them.  I love books, I think I've mentioned this ... um, just a million times.  For some reason, I always feel the need to revisit one of my most faves in the fall ... you know, the little tale about about a semi-impoverished young lady and an all-to-serious yet rich and handsome man ...

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

My favorite book by Austen, hands down ... although Emma and Persuasion are good too. 



The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling.  It is hard for me to pick one, they are just a set.  Maybe I would say The Goblet of Fire ... today ...



The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.  I read this one less than a year ago.  What an amazing story.  I tend to grab anything with a WWII European theater connection and was thrilled with this one.



Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes.  I adore Marian Keyes.  I grab all her books as soon as I can get my hands on them.  She is the best at taking a serious subject and making you laugh out loud about it ... yet paying due respect.  I am anxiously awaiting her next book ... unfortunately I have read that she is battling depression and the wait may be long.  :(  So I will keep my love alive with rereads until then.  xoxo




I also enjoy a good romance novel.  Some of my favorite authors include Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Nora Roberts, Suzanne Enoch and Rachel Gibson.

No comments:

Post a Comment