Friday, September 23, 2011

More Random Thoughts ... Brought to You by Friday Afternoon!

I'm at my desk, staring at the clock.  I'm bored and alone in the office.  Trouble ...

Ok, if you were going to leave your husband for a 1980s Rocker Man ... would it be for this guy?


No, really, who would it be for?  If I were to leave Hubby (I can see him holding the door wide open with a gleeful expression) ... I think it would be for this 1980s Rocker Man ... my first celebrity crush ...


If you don't know that he is Simon LeBon from Duran Duran, we have problems - you and I!

I digress.  Oh, wait, I don't!  Random Thoughts = No Digression.  You were warned.

Besides surfing gossip rags, I have been eyeballing DSW.com.  I love me some shoes.  Too bad I have no place to wear a lot of really great shoes, so may not be able to justify.  Dagnaggit.

I gotta have these ankle booties ... so cute!  The green ones make me think of Guinness and Irish Pubs and Marian Keyes novels.  I also need some black tall (riding) boots ... I have tall black boots, but they slouch ... so, duh, riding boots would be SO different.

 






I did break free of the shackles attached to my office desk over lunch and was able to run a few errands.  On my way back I decided that I needed an iced tea (it is 81 degrees here, y'all).  This summer I developed a new obsession (it replaced Diet Coke ... which I still crave from time to time but I know is HORRID for me) ... half-sweet and half-unsweetened iced tea from Raising Canes or McAllisters Deli.  Southern sweet tea has invaded the West and I dig it ... but I can't handle it full force, so I ask for half and half and deal with the crap I catch from the college students that serve it (made worse because I often don't have $2 and use my debit card).  Oops.  So, semi-sweet iced tea.  So interesting, I know.  My other random food and beverage choices include non-fat, no-foam, no-water chai lattes from Starbucks (gotta be Tazo, all other brands suck ... trust me); graham cracker frozen yogurt with mini dark chocolate chips; Jimmy Johns Beach Club sammiches (that's for Hubby ... sammiches); nekkid veggie burritos with extra pico & guac from QDoba; and greek yogurt until I am literally sick.  Sick!

Finally, can I just tell you that I have a girl crush?  Now, get your minds out of the gutter ... I'm not talking the kind lots of women have for Angelina Jolie.  I have a non-sexual girl crush on a new friend.  Her son plays sports with my son, we've known each other for a about a year but have become friendly in the last few months.  I want to be her when I grow up.  I may be older than her, but you get my point.  If she wasn't so nice and fabulous, I'd be green with envy and hate her darn guts ... but I can't, I just can't ... she is just too cool.  I hope she never reads this ...

So!  Which 1980s Rocker Man would you leave your husband for?  What items are on your fall wardrobe wish list?  Have you ever had a (non-sexual) girl crush?  Do tell!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if he falls into rocker man, but Mark Wahlberg has got it going ON (currently). Even though he is short. He is HOT.

    ReplyDelete