Friday, October 14, 2011

Dragging Tushy Today

My Wine Book Club met last night.  For a change of pace, we met at a member's house (the one w/o kids ... she hosts a lot of get-togethers) and it was a great time.  Our book for the month was Love In Mid Air by Kim Wright, a perfect women's book club book ... hey it's a story about a book club and how the choices of one member effects the entire group.  Good Stuff!  Very thought and discussion provoking and we actually spent quite a while talking about the book.  Imagine that. 


I also spent a lot of time consuming Riesling, Malbec and something else that one of the ladies brought ... it was in a pretty bottle and by the time I got to it, I didn't care what it was.  Did I mention that the gal that hosted lives right across the street from me?  Hello, with that sort of set-up, what was I to do?  Also, I went to hot yoga right before we gathered, and though I drank a lot of water in between, I think it made me more prime for indulgence.  So, note to self and others ... Hot Yoga + Wine + Laughs Galore = Awesome (and a sluggish morning after).

Seriously, though, I needed that.  It had been far too long since I relaxed and laughed my ass off with my friends.  I'm quite blessed and I highly recommend that all women find some sort of group ... a knitting group, a mom's night out group, a Bunco group, hell a bowling group or a let's go eat pie and vent group.  Just.  Do.  It.



A little of this ...



A little of this ...


                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment