Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Mama

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my Mama's death.  So weird that 2 years have passed.  I still miss her terribly.  She wasn't perfect and we didn't have a perfect relationship (what mother and daughter do?), however, for much of my life she was the center of my universe.  I was a Mama's Girl, no doubt about it.  Probably to a fault, truth be told ... my poor Daddy (who will be gone 20 years as of the 20th).  I'm an orphan, people!  November has always been a sucky month for my family.  Both of my Mama's parents and her brother died in November as well.  So bizarre how that happens in families. 

Despite this, Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday!  No, really.  I love me some Turkey Day ... the food (um, duh), the parades on tv, the food (again), the shopping ... yes, I am one of those.  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?  We're going to my sister's house this year ... I don't have to make the turkey!  Woot!

Anyway, I'll be sad today and again on Sunday (20 years, Daddy!) but I will remain Thankful and look forward to spending the day with my family.  Now, gotta find those maternity pants ....


Love this pic of my mom ... it was her Senior Picture ... taken circa 1958!

No comments:

Post a Comment