Monday, December 12, 2011

Catching Up

Well hello there!  I did not, in fact, fall off the face of the earth!  I know you are so relieved.  Smirk.  I survived HELL WEEK.  Every year I go from 0 to 90 in the span of a week.  My usually calm, routine, slow paced job becomes a whirl wind of meetings, networking, schmoozing and stress.  Oh and in early December, too!  Gee, whose idea was that way back when?  Um, duh.

So this past weekend I slept - A LOT.  I mostly just hung out with my guys and tried to revive myself, my home and my relationships.  I took Bubba to see The Muppets (meh, was ok ... and I was a huge Muppet fan back in the day).  Oh, and he made his first Reconciliation (Confession, for you non-Catholics).  So proud!  He was one of the few kiddos to recite his Act of Contrition w/o a cheat sheet ... yes, I was watching.  He may never be a super athlete or academic whiz, but dagnaggit he can recite his prayers like nobody's business.  A future priest in the making ... I'm sure of it (not!). 

Oh, and side note ... he was sitting on my lap the other morning (I know those times are numbered, boo-hoo) and we were talking about kids ... something about when he has kids ... not sure ... anyway, I said that maybe in 20 years and blah, blah, blah and he said, "Well not now, I don't have sex!".  Yes, really.  I about died.  I asked him where he had heard that word and he said from "some other kids" but then he told me ... "I looked it up in Ms. H's (teacher) dictionary".  Um, ok.  I think I had a stellar parenting moment and said something like, "Well, that is an adult word and adult topic and let's not talk about it".  Lovely.  Did I mention that we're Catholic?  Oye!!!!!!!!

So, moving on ... yes, I am playing catch up.  Work-wise but also social media wise.  The Blogs I missed!  The People.com gossip!  The Days Of Our Lives recaps and previews!  I am so behind!

Gotta Run ... I am so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment