Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Vacay - Or NOTSOMUCH!

Oye!  2012! 

So far, this year hasn't been so good to me.  There I was, all naive, back at the end of 2011, just waiting for my vacation.  Yeah, I'm a dumb-arse.  Every day, minus the few that I was actually in another state, I have either been on the phone to work, on the computer doing work, or AT FREAKING work.  Thanks.  My Bubby has been a RockStar, so quietly playing with his DS or watching You Tube videos at the spare computer.  I am lucky!

Needless to say, I'm in a mood.  I've been touchy, bitchy, moody and hard to please.  I should probably send my friends flowers.  They've had to cut me some slack ... but I cut others slack A LOT, so I guess we're even.  If you've been on the receiving end of my psychosis, apologies.

I did manage to read a GREAT book as we drove to and fro.  A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness!  GO GET IT NOW.  I had it a few months back and didn't get to it before I had to return it.  Thank Goodness a friend told me to pick it up again!  Woot!  This is the first in a trilogy (other two to come ...) ... so be warned.  I would describe it as a cross between the Diana Gabaldon Outlander books and a Norah Roberts trilogy (Sign Of Seven).

Really ... you need this book, a cup of tea and a cozy blanket.  Turn off your phone, send the family away!

No comments:

Post a Comment