Thursday, October 4, 2012

October! Beer!

I love October.  I think it is my favorite month.  The temperature dropped significantly overnight and today feels a bit more like winter than fall, but I'll take it.  The trees are dropping their beautiful colored leaves all over town.  I love my town in the fall.  Actually, I love my town all year-round but fall is especially gorgeous and wonderful and fabulous and special and all kinds of nice words. 

My favorite places here in the Fort include both of these American treasures where one can sample beers (even though one has a fridge full of the stuff at home) ...

New Belgium Brewing Co.



Odell Brewing Co.














I'm not a huge beer fan, at least I have never been in the past, but for some reason this stuff is starting to taste pretty darn good to me.  The other day Hubby and I were grabbing a coffee at another local treasure and happened to notice a woman leaving the liquor store across the street carrying a case of Olympia beer.  Olympia!  Who knew that they still made this stuff?  Olympia was my dad's beer.  I don't know this for a fact as I am quite sure that I've never actually had the 'pleasure' of a drink of the stuff, but for some reason I feel like Olympia probably tastes a bit like Keystone Light.  ???  Keystone Light was the beer of my college years.  I can taste it right now as I remember back to various frat parties and keggers.  Weak and Cheap were the way to go back then.  Oh, the good ol' days.  As Oktoberfests will be had all over the place in the next few weeks, I imagine much beer will be consumed by both Hubby and My various decidedly German family members.  Mostly they tend to drink the crappy mainstream stuff like Coors, Budweiser and Miller whereas Hubby and I (well, me notasmuch) like to drink beer with our pinkies sticking out and that can only be done with fancy beer.  We's classy folk!

Prost!  look it up


No comments:

Post a Comment