Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer!

It may not be summer officially, according to the calendar, but c'mon, it's summer!  For some reason, summer use to be my least favorite of the seasons, but I've started to enjoy them more the last few years and I'm actually happy for the warmer temps, longer days, and school break.  We kicked our summer off with a road trip style vacation this year (pictures below) as we drove across the state of Kansas, stopping to see family here and there and spending several days in Kansas City, Missouri.  We went to a KC Royals vs. St. Louis Cardinals baseball game, spent a day at Worlds and Oceans of Fun, shopped away a morning at Country Club Plaza, spent some time at KC LEGOLAND as well as Union Station and Science City, and relaxed by our hotel pool (rooftop!).  Overall a good time was had by all.

Pictures




 
 
 
So now we're home and have officially started our summer routine.  I will bring Bubby into work with me each morning for about 30 minutes, then walk him across campus to his sports camp.  Our late afternoons and evenings will consist of soccer games (always, ugh) and short trips to our neighborhood pool (gotta get our $ worth).  We had a great time Friday night with a group of families at our local drive in theater and then all the 10 year old boys had a backyard camp out (not ours, thank you).  I imagine there will be a few more of those in the next couple of months.  All in All, I am looking forward to a fun summer.  Work is always hectic for me in the summer, and this year will be no exception, but I'm going to do my best to enjoy the school break while it lasts!
 
Right now my biggest dilemma is picking a summer read.  I'm just not getting as much reading in as I use to, so I'm trying to decide which one of these to spend my dough on:
 
 

 
 
OR
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment